Fullerton, Calif. – Gil Cisneros’s campaign has released a series of videos documenting constituents of California’s 39th Congressional District talking about why they are voting for Gil in this election. The testimonials vary from a former US Navy shipmate, a suburban mom, college students, lifelong Republicans, former Professors, immigrants, and other constituents who live in the 39th.
Leon Lopez, a former US Navy Veteran and Gil’s shipmate, endorses his candidacy for Congress in this video. Leon and Gil were shipmates during their deployment on the USS Ogden (LPD-5).
“We need to be united and that’s what Gil represents,” says Leon in the video. “He’s been doing it for a long time, he’s been a leader for a long time. He knows how to lead and he knows what it takes. Just like to the motto says, he wouldn’t ask you to do something he’s not willing to do himself. He’s done it. He’s a great veteran, and I am just proud to have served with him back then, and I’m proud to be standing next to him today. And I know it, I can feel it that we’re going to take this seat. And when we do, we are going to be in a better place.”
“I’m very proud to have served alongside US Navy veteran Leon,” said Gil Cisneros. “I’m humbled by his words and the support of former shipmate. It was an honor to serve my country by his side and I’m glad that he is standing with me today. Serving in the US Navy provided me with a pathway to education and a better life. In Congress, I will fight to ensure that our veterans are taken care of because we have no greater duty than to provide for the men and women who have sacrificed for our country when they return from service.”
- Community members who have come out to Canvass and speak in support of Gil here.
- Fullerton Joint Union High School District Board Member Joanne Fawley supports Gil because of his commitment to fight President Trump and create a more fair tax system for working people. Her endorsement of Gil can be seen here.
- Union Leader Ada Briceno voices her support for Gil because of his pledge to fight for working women here.
- Veteran Richard Castro lays out his vision for how Gil can help veterans returning to college here.
- Cal State Fullerton Student and Veteran Alyssa Gurdon explains why we need more veterans like Gil serving in Congress here.
- Community leader and President of the Tri-County Democrats Peggye Jackson voices her trust in Gil to be a leader who will ignore partisan politics and do what’s best for his community here.
- 2017 Veteran of the Year Wesley ‘Chick’ Adams makes the case for veterans to vote for Gil, regardless of which party they are registered to here.
- Admiral David Oliver, who served in both the Clinton and Bush administrations, supports Gil and his commitment to good governance here.